In this Self Paced Bootcamp, you will learn all things SQL. Whether you are a beginner or advanced user, this Bootcamp will make you a SQL pro!
Release Date: November 30th
What topics are covered in the self paced Bootcamp?
This self paced Bootcamp covers all topics in SQL from how to extract simple data from a database to advanced topics such as joins. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced SQL user, this self paced Bootcamp is great for you to learn all topics to make you feel like a pro!
How Does This Bootcamp Differ from taking the live SQL Bootcamp?
This Bootcamp is just like the live Bootcamp. The only difference between the two is this Bootcamp you can partake in at any point. You don't have to abide by a schedule. You can just watch and submit homework at your own leisure. Our instructors will check homework once a week and provide feedback, unlike our practice content course packages. Stuck on any exercises, our instructors will be available via Slack + Showbie to answer any questions you may have (allow at least a 72 business hour response time). At the end of it all, you will receive a certificate of completion.
Module 1: Beginner Level
Course 1: Database and Table Review
- Review of databases, data types, and table files
Course 2: Sorting Data
- Sorting data
- Retrieve Data from a Single Table
Course 3: Filtering Data
- Utilize conditional operators to filter data using WHERE
Course 4: Recap, Calculations, and Aggregations
- Calculate formulas using mathematical operations and aggregate functions
- More data filtering
Course 5: Summarizing Data
- Summarizing data using GROUP BY function
Course 6: Retrieving Data from Multiple Tables (Part 1)
- Extract data from multiple tables at once using joins
Course 7: Retrieving Data from Multiple Tables (Part 2)
- Solo review exercises - not instructor led
Module 2: Intermediate Level
Course 1: Join Types (Part 1)
- Overview of various join types
Course 2: Join Types (Part 2)
- Overview of various join types
Course 3: Subqueries - Select Statement
- Write queries within a query inside of the select statement
Course 4: Subqueries - From Statement
- Learn how to create a table by writing a query in your From statement
Course 5: Text + Date Functions + Totals
- Utilization of various text and date functions
- Text location functions
- Date interval functions
- Perform subtotals and grand totals within data
Course 6: If Statements
- Write if/then statements based on certain conditions
Module 3: Advanced Level
Course 1: Querying Data from Multiple Databases
- Learn how to extract data from multiple databases in one query
Course 2: Having
- Filter aggregated columns using having statements
Course 3: Advanced Joining (Part 1)
- Use all join types to join at least 4 tables
Course 4: Advanced Joining (Part 2)
- Use all join types to join at least 5 tables
Course 5: Subqueries - Where Statement
- Learn how to create a table by writing a query in your Where statement
Course 6: Complex Queries Overview (Part 1)
- Learn how to write subqueries within subqueries within subqueries...sounds fun, right?!
Course 7: Complex Queries Overview (Part 2)
- Learn how to write more subqueries within subqueries within subqueries...sounds fun, right?!
We will create a portfolio of your completed projects and assignments of all coursework from class as well as provide an instruction guide on how to add the portfolio to your LinkedIn account. Portfolios come in great handy when interviewing for roles that require the technical skills in which you will learn in class.
Certificate of Completion
You will receive a certificate of completion upon submission of all homework assignments and portfolio.
Refund Policy: No Refunds