Learn beginner to advanced SQL functions in this Masterclass!
This Bootcamp is live and instructor led
What the heck is SQL?
Think about all of the data that a company collects and has access to. Ever wonder how that data gets used? With the use of SQL, analysts are able to extract this data and analyze it in every way possible. The analysis, derived from data using SQL, can help drive strategic business decisions.
This Bootcamp is best for those with little to no SQL experience and would like to prep for any role that uses beginner to intermediate level SQL. All students will have three hours of prerequisite material provided prior to the start of class to help prep them for the first day of the Bootcamp. In this Bootcamp, we will use Oracle MySQL as our SQL software for class use.
Course Dates: April 26th - May 26th
Days of the week: Weeknights (Mondays - Wednesdays)
Time (EST): 600p - 900p EST
Course 1: Extracting, Sorting, and Filtering
Monday, April 26th | 6:00p - 9:00p
- Review of databases, data types, and table files
- Sorting data
- Retrieve Data from a Single Table
Course 2: Calculating, Aggregating, and Grouping
Tuesday, April 27th | 6:00p - 9:00p
- Calculate formulas using mathematical operations and aggregate functions
- Summarizing data using GROUP BY function
Course 3: Retrieving Data from Multiple Tables
Wednesday, April 28th | 6:00p - 9:00p
- Extract data from multiple tables at once using joins
Course 4: Join Types
Tuesday, May 18th | 6:00p – 9:00p
- Overview of various join types
Course 5: Subqueries
Wednesday, May 19th | 6:00p – 9:00p
- Write queries within a query inside of the select statement
- Learn how to create a table by writing a query in your From statement
Course 6: Text + Date Functions + Totals
Tuesday, May 25th | 6:00p – 9:00p
- Utilization of various text and date functions
- Text location functions
- Date interval functions
- Perform subtotals and grand totals within data
Course 7: Case Statements and IIF Statements
Wednesday, May 26th | 6:00p – 9:00p
- Write if/then statements based on certain conditions using the CASE function
- Write if/then statements based on certain conditions using the IIF function
Course materials (including installation guides), access codes, and reminders will be sent 7 days prior to the start of the first course of the Bootcamp.
Certificate of Completion
You will receive a certificate of completion upon individual completion and submission of all homework assignments and portfolio by the specified deadline.
Refund Policy: No refunds and/or transfers