In this Bootcamp, you will take a deeper dive into Data Analytics. You will learn data modeling and connections of all 3 analytics tools and create interactive dashboards.
How Does This Bootcamp Differ from taking the Data Analytics Bootcamp?
This Bootcamp is much more in depth than our Beginner Data Analytics Bootcamp. In this Bootcamp, we will cover data modeling, interactive dashboards, and in depth analysis.
The class project of this Bootcamp will be to create a planning vs. actual forecast interactive dashboard from using all 3 analytics tools: SQL, Excel, and Tableau.
Prerequisite: Beginner Data Analytics Bootcamp
*All class times are in EST
Course 1: Querying Data from Multiple Databases
Monday, April 5th | 6:00p – 7:00p
- Learn how to extract data from multiple databases in one query
Course 2: Having
Tuesday, April 6th | 6:00p – 7:00p
- Filter aggregated columns using having statements
Course 3: Advanced Joining (Part 1)
Wednesday, April 7th | 6:00p – 7:00p
- Use all join types to join at least 4 tables
Course 3: Advanced Joining (Part 2)
Monday, April 12th | 6:00p – 7:00p
- Use all join types to join at least 5 tables
Course 4: Subqueries - Select Statement
Tuesday, April 13th | 6:00p – 7:00p
- Write queries within a query inside of the select statement
Course 5: Subqueries - From Statement
Wednesday, April 14th | 6:00p – 7:00p
- Learn how to create a table by writing a query in your From statement
In the portion of the Bootcamp, you perform data modeling in order to create a live connection feed from SQL to Excel.
Course 1: Data Modeling in Microsoft Excel
Monday, April 19th | 6:00p – 7:00p
- Import data from SQL into Excel
- Write complex queries in SQL
Course 2: Power Query
Tuesday, April 20th | 6:00p – 7:00p
- Refresh live SQL data in Excel
In the portion of the Bootcamp, you create power pivots in Excel to analyze your connected data from SQL.
Course 1: Power Pivot (Part 1)
Monday, April 26th | 6:00p – 7:00p
- Connect data from multiple databases to a power pivot table
Course 2: Power Pivot (Part 2)
Tuesday, April 27th | 6:00p – 7:00p
- Interconnected power pivot slicers
Course 3: Connect Excel to Tableau
Wednesday, April 28th | 6:00p – 7:00p
- Establish a live connection between Excel and Tableau
In the final portion of the Bootcamp, you will create an interactive dashboard in Tableau to display your planning vs. actual forecast metrics.
Course 1: Creating Visuals (Part 1)
Monday, May 3rd | 6:00p – 7:00p
- Review appropriate visuals to use for different scenarios
- Creation of visualizations using different charts and graphs
Course 2: Creating Visuals (Part 2)
Tuesday, May 4th | 6:00p – 7:00p
- Creation of more visualizations using different charts and graphs
Course 3: Formatting
Wednesday, May 5th | 6:00p – 7:00p*
- Format visuals
- Marks Shelf
- Font format selection
- Color scheme format selection
Course 4: BANs
Monday, May 10th | 6:00p – 7:00p
- Add and apply BAN formatting (Big numbers)
Course 6: Dashboard Layout
Tuesday, May 11th | 6:00p – 7:00p
- Dashboard grid layout
- Dashboard formatting
- Tiled vs. floating dashboards
We will create a portfolio of your completed projects and assignments of all coursework from class as well as provide an instruction guide on how to add the portfolio to your LinkedIn account. Portfolios come in great handy when interviewing for roles that require the technical skills in which you will learn in class.
Certificate of Completion
You will receive a certificate of completion upon submission of all homework assignments and portfolio by the specified deadline.
Refund Policy: No Refunds