In this Bootcamp, you will learn more than just the usage of SQL, Excel, and Tableau. We will do deep dive data analysis and data modeling as well.
What is Data Analytics?
Think about all of the data that a company collects and has access to. Ever wonder how that data gets used? With the use of SQL, analysts are able to extract this data and analyze it in every way possible. The analysis, derived from data using SQL, can help drive strategic business decisions. To add another layer to the analysis, you can visualize your data with charts and graphs that can explain complex data points in simple data visuals, using tools such as Tableau.
This Bootcamp is best for those with little to no data analytics experience and would like to prep for a role as an entry level or junior analyst using skills from SQL and different data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview, etc.). All students will have three hours of prerequisite material provided prior to the start of class to help prep them for the first day of the Bootcamp.
How Does This Bootcamp Differ from taking the Excel, Tableau, and/or SQL Bootcamp individually?
In this Bootcamp, we perform data modeling and deep dive data analysis. Whereas, if you take the Bootcamp separately, we do not create data modeling connections and perform deep dive analysis. The individual Bootcamps focus on the learning and usage of the technology, while this Bootcamp focuses on not only the learning and usage, but heavy duty analysis and data modeling.
*All class times are in EST
Course 1: Database and Table Review
Thursday, September 3rd | 6:15p – 7:30p
- Review of databases, data types, and table files
Course 2: Sorting Data
Tuesday, September 8th | 7:30p – 9:00p
- Sorting data
- Retrieve Data from a Single Table
Course 3: Filtering Data
Wednesday, September 9th | 6:30p – 8:00p
- Utilize conditional operators to filter data using WHERE
Course 4: Recap, Calculations, and Aggregations
Thursday, September 10th | 7:30p – 9:00p
- Calculate formulas using mathematical operations and aggregate functions
- More data filtering
Course 5: Summarizing Data
Tuesday, September 15th | 7:30p – 9:00p
- Summarizing data using GROUP BY function
Course 6: Retrieving Data from Multiple Tables (Part 1)
Wednesday, September 16th | 6:30p – 8:00p
- Extract data from multiple tables at once using joins
Course 7: Retrieving Data from Multiple Tables (Part 2)
Thursday, September 17th | 7:30p – 9:00p
- Solo review exercises - not instructor led
In the second portion of the Bootcamp, you will export data from SQL into Excel. From here, you will create reports and analyze data while utilizing basic to intermediate formulas and pivot tables.
Course 1: Importing Data
Tuesday, September 22nd | 7:30p – 9:00p
- Import data from SQL into Excel
Course 2: Basic Math Operations
Wednesday, September 23rd | 6:30p – 8:00p
- Cell Referencing
- Basic math operations (sum, average, sumproduct, etc.)
Course 3: VLOOKUP
Thursday, September 24th | 7:30p – 9:00p
- Review one of the most popular formulas in Excel!
Course 4: If Statements (Part 1)
Tuesday, September 29th | 5:30p – 6:30p
- Learn how to write basic if/then statements
Course 5: If Statements (Part 2)
Wednesday, September 30th | 6:30p – 8:00p
- Learn how to wrap multiple if statements into one
- Perform nested if statements
- Combining multiple formulas/functions in if statements
Course 6: Pivot Tables (Part 1)
Thursday, October 1st | 5:30p – 6:30p
- Building and design of pivot tables
- Design layouts
- Data sources and refreshing connections
Course 7 + 8: Pivot Tables (Part 2 + 3)
Wednesday, October 7th | 6:30p – 8:30p
- More building and design of pivot tables
In the third and final portion of the Bootcamp, you will visualize data in Tableau. Tableau brings your data to life with dynamic charts and graphs that can be used to visually tell a story.
Course 1: Data Visualization Introduction
Thursday, October 8th | 5:30p – 6:30p
Course 2: Connecting and Importing Data
Tuesday, October 13th | 5:30p – 6:30p
- Understand Tableau and its components
- Import multiple data sets via Excel and text files
- Creation of visualizations using different charts and graphs
Course 3: Filtering and Sorting
Wednesday, October 14th | 6:30p – 8:00p
- Filter data in visualizations
- Advanced filtering
Course 4: More Filtering + Formatting
Thursday, October 15th | 5:30p – 6:30p
- Review of more filtering and formatting exercises
We will create a portfolio of your completed projects and assignments of all coursework from class as well as provide an instruction guide on how to add the portfolio to your LinkedIn account. Portfolios come in great handy when interviewing for roles that require the technical skills in which you will learn in class.
Certificate of Completion
You will receive a certificate of completion upon submission of all homework assignments and portfolio by the specified deadline.
Refund Policy: No Refunds